Balanced Chemical Equation – Solution
Mg + 2HCl → MgCl2 + H2
The coefficients show the number of particles (atoms or molecules), and the indices show the number of atoms that make up the molecule. New substances are formed as a result of the rearrangement of the original atoms. As a result of a chemical reaction, atoms of chemical elements do not disappear anywhere and new ones do not appear, their number remains unchanged – this follows from the law of conservation of mass of substances.
Chemical Reaction Information
Magnesium + Hydrogen Chloride = Magnesium Chloride + Tritium
This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction. HCl is an oxidizing agent, Mg is a reducing agent.
- 2 HI + 2 e– → 2 H0 (reduction)
- Mg0 – 2 e– → MgII (oxidation)
Single Displacement (Substitution)
Substances that react are called starting materials or reactants. The substances that form as a result are called reaction products.
- Names: Magnesium.
- Appearance: Grey powder.
HCl – Chlorane
- Other names: Hydrochloric acid.
- Appearance: Colorless, transparent liquid, fumes in air if concentrated.
- Names: Magnesium chloride, Magnesium dichloride, Magnesium chloride anhydrous.
- Appearance: White or colourless crystalline solid.
- Names: Dihydrogen, Hydrogen.
- Appearance: Odourless colourless compressed gas.
|HCl + Mg → H2 + Cl:- + Mg:2+|
|HCl + Mg + Na3SbO4 → H2O + NaCl + MgCl2 + SbH3|
|HCl + Mg → MgHCl|
|HCl + Mg → H2 + Mg2Cl|
|HCl + Mg + Na2SO3 → H2O + NaCl + H2S + MgSO4|
|HCl + Mg → H2 + MgCl2|
|HCl + Mg + Na2SO3 → H2O + NaCl + H2S + MgCl2|
|HCl + Mg + TiOCl2 → H2O + MgCl2 + TiCl3|
|H2SO4 + HCl + Mg → H2O + H2S + MgCl2|
|HCl + Mg + Na3AsO3 → H2O + NaCl + MgCl2 + AsH3|