Balanced Chemical Equation – Solution
H2SO4 + 2NaOH → Na2SO4 + 2H2O
The coefficients show the number of particles (atoms or molecules), and the indices show the number of atoms that make up the molecule. New substances are formed as a result of the rearrangement of the original atoms. As a result of a chemical reaction, atoms of chemical elements do not disappear anywhere and new ones do not appear, their number remains unchanged – this follows from the law of conservation of mass of substances.
Chemical Reaction Information
This is an acid-base reaction (neutralization): H2SO4 is an acid, NaOH is a base.
Sulfuric Acid + Sodium Hydroxide = Sodium Sulfate + Water
Double Displacement (Metathesis)
Substances that react are called starting materials or reactants. The substances that form as a result are called reaction products.
H2SO4 – Sulfuric acid
- Other names: Oil of vitriol.
- Appearance: Clear, colorless liquid.
- Names: Sodium hydroxide.
- Appearance: White, waxy, opaque crystals.
- Names: Sodium sulfate, Sodium sulphate, Sulfate of sodium.
- Appearance: White crystalline solid | hygroscopic; White hygroscopic solid in various forms.
H2O – Water, oxidane
- Other names: Water (H2O), Hydrogen oxide, Hydrogen hydroxide.
- Appearance: White crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of blue, colorless gas.
|H2SO4 + NaOH + KOH → H2O + K2SO4 + Na2SO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH → Na2SO4 + HOH|
|H2SO4 + Cl2 + NaOH → H2O + NaCl + H2S + Na2SO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH + KMnO4 → KOH + Na2SO4 + HMnO4|
|H2O + H2SO4 + NaOH + KMnO4 → KOH + Na2SO4 + HMnO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH + KOH → H2O + NaKSO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH → H2O + NaHSO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH → H2O + Na2SO4 + NaHSO4|
|H2SO4 + NaOH + KMnO4 + FeSO4 → H2O + K2SO4 + MnSO4 + Fe2(SO4)3 + Fe(OH)3|
|H2SO4 + NaOH + I2 → H2O + Na2SO4 + NaI + NaIO3|
|H2SO4 + NaOH → H2O + Na2SO4|